This is me.
Yesterday a group of us climbed our mountain. We started at 6:55am from Alpine.
It's kind of steep.
Here's the group.
Like I said, it's kind of steep.
It's pretty big. The wind was blowing like crazy.
The end gets hairy. Those little tiny people are at the summit. You have to scramble over these boulders with huge cliffs on both sides to get there. Kind of like Angel's Landing, but no chain to hold onto and climbing over big rocks. Really cool, but pretty intense.
Around 12:30 pm.
The summit is a little peninsula about the size of the key in basketball with cliffs on 3 sides. I've been up 3 times, and I freak out up there every time. Usually I'm telling people to SIT DOWN because it makes me so nervous. This time my hat blew off. Of course your first instinct is to lunge for it to keep it from blowing off the mountain. I moved about a centimeter, then fear froze me. The hat actually landed about 6 ft away and sat there. I made a girl get it for me because I was too chicken to scoot over closer to the edge.
Here's our buddy, Lee, that takes me up. His sister lead our group this time, she had gone this way before. She's amazing.
We made it back!! About 5pm.
Third time's the charm? I think I might be done. That is one bad mountain!









No comments:
Post a Comment